Colorado Springs Area Home Inspections
Home inspections are important as they enable a buyer to learn about the physical attributes of the home especially in Colorado. In almost all instances, homes are sold in less than perfect condition. Therefore, a buyer needs to be informed about the anticipated costs associated with maintaining the home post-closing.
As a result, the house inspection is a significant phase of the home buying process. An accredited and experienced home inspector investigates the home and writes up the inspection report after the inspection is completed. This detailed document becomes a very important tool in the real estate transaction process.
Colorado Springs House Inspector
Are you buying a home? Buying a home is probably the most complicated (and important) purchase most of us will make in our lifetime. Like any major purchase there are features and specifications for all homes. On paper it may be the features that sell the home but if any of those features are in disrepair, you might be signing up for more than you bargained for and getting less than you paid for.
When you're purchasing a home, you need to know what you're getting. There are a few ways you can help protect yourself -- one of them is with a thorough home inspection. Hiring a qualified home inspection company to take a look at the home you're interested in buying is very important. At the same time, you need to understand what's involved with a home inspection so years after your purchase, you can keep up with the maintenance of your home. Here's why...
When you are buying a home it is important that you understanding what's involved with a home inspection. It can pay dividends for the rest of the time you own your house.
First, it's important to note that some things are not covered in a standard home inspection:
* Pests - Pest inspections require a licensed pest control specialist to perform inspections of building structures to determine damage or possibility of damage from pests.
* Radon -- Radon gas is an invisible, odorless gas produced by the normal breakdown of uranium in the soil.
* Lead paint - Inspecting a home for lead-based paint is not typically included in a home inspection because it takes place over several days and requires special equipment.
* Mold - Mold inspection is a separate inspection because it requires three separate air samples and surface sample analysis. Since mold inspection is beyond the scope of a traditional home inspection, be sure to specifically ask your home inspector if he or she would recommend a mold inspection.
* Asbestos - Asbestos is generally outside the scope of a home inspection because asbestos requires its own thorough review. Like with mold inspections, be sure to specifically ask your home inspector if he or she would recommend a separate asbestos inspection.
* Orangeberg Sewer Pipe -- Also known as "fiber conduit", Orangeberg Sewer Pipe is bitumenized fiber pipe made from layers of wood pulp and pitch pressed together. It was used from the 1860s through the 1970s, when it was replaced by PVC pipe for water delivery and ABS pipe for drain-waste-vent (DWV) applications.
The first thing to point out is that every home and home buyer are different which means that every home inspection is different and the importance of home inspection items are different. Below are some common things that are inspected during a home inspection. Keep in mind that some items in this checklist may not be necessary for your particular home - and that this list does not include all the item inspected by a professional home inspection service.
General Home Inspection Checklist
Lot and Neighborhood
* Does the grade slope away from the home or towards the home
* Are there any areas where the soil has settled near the foundation or driveway?
* What is the elevation of the home in relation to the street and neighbors?
* Is the peak of the roof straight and level? Or is there sagging?
* What is the condition of the roof vents? Are they visible?
* Are there gaps between flashing and chimneys, walls or other parts of the roof?
* Is there sagging anywhere else on the roof such as between the rafters or trusses?
* What kind of shingles are used? How much deterioration has set in such as curling, warping, broken shingles or wider gaps between shingles in the roof?
* Is the chimney square to the home and level? Or is it leaning?
* What is the condition of the bricks? Are any bricks flaking or missing?
* What is the condition of the mortar? Is it cracked, broken or missing entirely?
* Is the siding original to the house? If not, how old is the siding and how is it holding up?
* Are the walls square and level or bowed, bulged or leaning
* What material is the siding? Brick, wood or plastic?
* What condition is the siding in?
* Is there loose, missing, rotten or deteriorated siding or paint?
* How does the siding fit connect to the foundation?
Soffits and Fascia
* What are the soffits and fascia made of? Common materials include wood, aluminum or plastic?
* Are there any problems such as rotting or broken pieces?
* Are there any missing pieces of soffit or fascia?
Gutters and Downspouts
* Are there any leaks or gaps in gutters or downspouts?
* Does the gutter slope toward downspouts?
* Is there any rust or peeling paint?
* Are all gutters and downspouts securely fastened?
* Is there a sufficient separation of the downspouts from the foundation?
Doors and Windows
* Are there any problems with paint, caulking or rotten wood?
* Are the windows original to the home? If not, how old are they?
Decks or Porches
* What is the porch or deck made of? Check for paint problems, rotted wood and wood-earth contact.
* Is there any settlement or separation from the house?
* If possible, inspect the underside of the porch or deck.
* Are there any cracks, flaking or damaged masonry?
* Are there any water markings and powdery substances on the foundation? If so where are they located?
* Are the walls square vertically and horizontally? Or bowed, bulged or leaning?
* Is there any evidence of water penetration (stains, mildew/odors, powdery substances, loose tiles, etc.)
* Is there any deterioration of flooring or carpet?
* Are there any cracks in the tiles or mortar?
* Do you notice any water damage or stains from previous water damage?
* Is there any sagging or sloped flooring?
* Check that the majority of windows and doors work.
* Are the walls square and vertically and horizontally straight?
* Is there any cracked or loose plaster?
* Look for stains, physical damage or evidence of previous repair.
* Are there any drywall seams or nails showing?
* Review all plaster for cracks or loose or sagging areas.
* Are there any stains from water or mechanical damage or evidence of previous repair?
* Are there any seams or nails showing?
Kitchens and Bathrooms
* Check that all fixtures are secure including sinks, faucets, toilets and cabinetry
* Are there any cracks in the fixtures?
* What is the condition of the tiles and caulking surrounding sinks and tub and shower areas?
* What is the condition of the faucets? Do they work? Is there sufficient water pressure?
* Check under countertops for any water stains or rotting materials.
* Check that the majority of the cabinet doors and drawers are in working order.
Electrical and Mechanical
* Type, style and age of heating and cooling systems with service history.
* Type, age and condition of water supply piping and drains.
* Size and age of electrical service -- Are the outlets grounded? Visible wiring in good condition?
The Importance of a Home Inspection Professional
As you can see, the home inspection checklist is exhaustive (and this list doesn't even cover it all!) So if you're in the market for a new house or are in the process of purchasing a new home, make sure you have a home inspection done by a reliable home inspection company - so you can protect yourself from the unforeseen. Also periodically review the items on this home inspection checklist so you can ensure the working order of your home for years to come.
The Main Types of Home Inspections
For a Seller, getting a home inspection done before putting the home up for sale is very important as it helps in estimating the value of the property. It also helps in getting the home spruced up based on the inspection so that they can get the right price for the home without much negotiation.
If you are considering putting your house on sale, it is wise to invest in a certified home/property inspection soon.
The pre-inspection of a home is an excellent tool to help sell your property faster. After the inspection, the seller will be aware of the shortcomings and positive features of the home. Home sellers can then set a realistic price and refrain from overpricing that would delay a sale.
A thorough house inspection is a foreseeable reality of the real estate industry today. Buyers want to know exactly what they are paying for. This is why it is helpful to get a head start by employing a pre-listing home inspection company. A qualified home inspector will inform you of the "problem" areas of the house. This works to your advantage as you can evaluate the price of your home better.
Here is a list of advantages for a seller's home inspection:* Assess and evaluate the problem areas after an inspection before a buyer can raise doubts
* Armed with a home inspection report when meeting with a potential buyer, shows thoroughness and sincerity on the sellers' part
* Negotiating repairs can be avoided if the seller can take care of them before interacting with the buyer
* An inspected home may command a premium in the market
A seller's home inspection will highlight problem areas ranging from safety risks to property damage. It gives you the flexibility and time to hire the right contractors to attend to any necessary repairs.
A pre-listing property inspection also lets you assess your property in a method similar to that of a prospective buyer. This information is instrumental in determining the actual market value of your property. The home inspection report also empowers you with a great deal of advantage during price negotiations.
Sellers can also choose a few repairs that require immediate attention, to factor in price adjustment to reflect the findings. They could also opt to offer the home inspection report as a part of the Buyers disclosures. By doing so, prospective buyers are prepared for the actual condition of the home. This lowers the chances of buyers backing out of a deal.
With the comprehensive and detailed report that you receive at the end of your house inspection, you can answer any query or concerns regarding your property with prospective buyers. Today, frugal buyers may even waive a home inspection after checking that a pre-listing property inspection was already done by the seller.
Seller's Home Inspection
A property inspection typically includes an examination of the entire house including:
The typical cost of an inspection varies depending on the area, size of the home, and services provided by the home inspection company. As with most services, there is a strong element of getting what you pay for. Selecting the lowest priced inspector can often result in problems down the road.
Hire a licensed property inspection professional to represent your best interests-whether you are a buyer, seller or owner – to ensure the home is safe for you and your family, and that you are fully informed about major upcoming expenses.
- Inspections CO
- Home-Inspection El Paso County
- Inspections Colorado Springs
- Home-Inspection Cimarron Hills
- Inspections Fort Carson
- Property Inspector Air Force Academy
- Inspectors Fountain
- Home Inspectors Black Forest
- Home Inspection Ivywild
- Inspections Knob Hill
- Inspectors Stratton Meadows
- Home Inspections Roswell
- Home-Inspector Broadmoor
- Home Inspection Services Papeton
- Home-Inspector Kelker
- Property Inspector Stratmoor Hills
- Home-Inspection Stratmoor
- House Inspection Glen Eyrie
- Home Inspections Manitou Springs
- Home Inspector Skinners
- House Inspector Green Settlement
- Home Inspector Pikeview
- Home-Inspector Elsmere
- Home Inspector Security
- Home-Inspector 30th St
- Home-Inspection 7 Oaks Dr
- Inspections 8th Street
- Home Inspector Adams
- Home-Inspector Advenir at Spring Canyon
- Home Inspectors Anderosa Estates
- Home Inspection Antelope Creek
- Home Inspectors Arrowswest Dr
- Home Inspections Astrozon Eldon
- Inspections Audubon
- Home Inspectors Austin Heights
- Home-Inspector B Lot
- Home Inspection BanningLewisNorthtree
- Home Inspector Barnstormers Landing
- Home-Inspector Barrett August Roads
- Home-Inspector Barrington Heights
- Inspectors Bear Creek
- Home-Inspection Big Valley
- Home Inspections Bijou St
- Inspections Bonnyville
- Property Inspector Bott Park
- Property Inspector Boulder Park
- Home Inspection Brady Blvd
- Inspectors Brentwood Estates
- House Inspector Briargate
- House Inspector Briarhill Place
- Home Inspections Bridle Bit Rd
- House Inspector Bridle Pass
- House Inspection Brook Forest
- Home-Inspection Camelback Pointe
- Home Inspectors CarriagesParliamentPlace
- Inspections Cascades at Spring Ranch
- Home Inspection Services Cathedral Pines
- Home Inspection Cedar Heights
- Home Inspection Services Chamberlin
- House Inspection Charleston Place
- Home Inspector Charlotte Pkwy
- Property Inspector Chateau at Antelope Ridge
- Home Inspectors Chelsea Glen
- Home Inspections Chelton-Jet Wing
- House Inspector Cherry Creek Crossing
- House Inspector Cheyenne Canyon
- Home Inspection Services Choctaw
- House Inspection Claremont Ranch
- Home-Inspector Clearview
- Home-Inspection Colgate Dr
- Home Inspection Columbia Road
- Home Inspection Columbine Estates
- Home-Inspection Comstock Village
- Home-Inspection Constitution
- Home Inspections Cordera
- Home Inspector Cotton Drive
- Property Inspector Cottonwood Creek
- House Inspection Country Club Estates
- Home-Inspection Cragmor
- Inspectors Creekside
- Home-Inspection Crosstrail
- Inspectors Crown Ridge
- Property Inspector Cumbre Vista
- Home Inspections Cypress Ridge
- Inspectors De Cortez St
- Home Inspections Debonair Circle
- Home Inspector Deer Creek
- Home Inspectors Deliverance Dublin
- Home Inspection Delmonico Townhomes
- Home Inspectors Divine Redeemer
- Home Inspector Doherty Village
- Home-Inspection Drennan Road
- Home Inspections Dublin Powers
- Inspections Dublin Manor
- Home Inspectors Dublin North
- Property Inspector E Cheyenne
- Inspectors E Fountain-S Academy
- House Inspector Eagle Ridge
- Home Inspections Eagle Rock
- House Inspector East Coachman
- Home Inspections East La Salle
- Home Inspections East of Bon Plaza
- Home Inspector East Ranch Townhomes
- House Inspection Eastmeadow Drive
- Home Inspectors Eastridge
- Home-Inspector Eastside
- Home Inspectors El Sereno Center
- Property Inspector Elite Terrace
- Property Inspector Elk Creek Ranches
- Home Inspection Erindale
- Home Inspectors Fairway S
- Home Inspection Fairways at Spring Ranch
- Home Inspection Services Falcon Estates West
- Home Inspections Falcons Nest
- House Inspection Farmingdale-Austin Blvd
- Home Inspector Fillmore Dabling
- Home-Inspection Flying Horse
- Home Inspectors Forest Ridge
- Property Inspector Fountain Mesa Rd
- House Inspector Fountain Valley
- Inspections Fox Run East
- Home-Inspection Garden Ranch
- Home Inspection Services Gatehouse Village
- Home Inspectors Georgetown Square
- Property Inspector Gleneagle
- Inspectors Gold Camp Park
- Inspectors Gold Hill Mesa
- Inspections Golf Course Heights
- Home-Inspection GotG-cenntenial
- House Inspector Grand Centennial
- Inspectors Grand River Canyon
- Home-Inspection Grandview
- House Inspector Green Mountain
- Home Inspection Greencrest
- Home Inspectors Greenhaven
- Home Inspectors Greyhawk
- Inspections Hamlet-LaScala
- House Inspector Hancock
- Property Inspector Harlan-Wolfe
- Home Inspector Harvest Ridge
- House Inspector Havenwood
- Property Inspector Hawk Ridge
- House Inspector Hearthwood Estates
- Home Inspector Heathercrest Park
- Home Inspectors Herndons
- House Inspection Herring West
- House Inspector High Forest Ranch
- House Inspector Highland and Country Club
- Home-Inspector Highland Park
- Home Inspection Services Hills
- Home-Inspection Holland Park
- Home Inspection Services Hollow Village
- Property Inspector Holmes Rd
- House Inspection Homestead
- Inspections Howells and Shoup Rd
- Inspectors Howells Old Ranch Milam
- Home Inspectors Indigo Ranch StetsonRidge
- Home-Inspector Iowa
- Inspectors Jessica Heights
- Home Inspector Kern
- Property Inspector Kettle Creek
- House Inspector Kissing Camels
- Home-Inspector Kitty Hawk
- Home Inspections La Cresta
- House Inspector Lamplight Square
- House Inspection Lexington Park
- House Inspection Liberty Bell Bunker Hill
- Inspectors Library
- Inspections Little Turkey Creek
- Home Inspectors Loomis Ave
- Home Inspection Services Lorson Ranch
- Home Inspection Maizeland Moores
- House Inspector Marlow Cir
- Inspections Meadows
- Property Inspector Mesa Heights
- Inspectors Mesa Ridge
- Home Inspection Mid Shooks Run
- Home-Inspector Middle Mirage
- Home-Inspector Middle Shooks Run Central
- Inspections Milam-Ford
- Home Inspector Milne Book Enoch
- Inspectors Montebello
- Inspectors Montecito Dr
- Inspectors Monument Valley
- House Inspector Morningview
- Home Inspection Mountain Country Estates
- Home Inspection Services Mountain Ridge
- Home Inspections Mountain Shadows
- Home Inspection Services Mountain Vista
- Home Inspectors Murray
- Home Inspectors N Downtown
- Home-Inspection New Discovery Woodcrest
- Inspections Newport Heights North
- Property Inspector Newton Dr
- Home Inspections NNE Downtown
- Home-Inspector North Academy and Dublin
- House Inspector North Gate AFA
- Home Inspection Northcrest
- Inspections Northgate
- Home Inspectors Northwind
- Home Inspectors NorWood
- Inspections Oak Ridge on The Green
- House Inspector Ocho Caballos
- Home Inspection Old Colorado City
- Home Inspection Old Farm
- House Inspector Old North End
- Home Inspectors Otero Ave
- Inspectors Pahokee
- House Inspection Painted Sky At Waterview
- Home Inspection Palmer Park
- House Inspector Paradox Dr
- Home-Inspector Park Forest Estates
- Home Inspections Park Hill
- Home Inspectors Park Vista
- House Inspection Patty Jewett
- Home Inspection Services Peaceful Valley
- House Inspection Pebble Run
- Property Inspector Peregrine
- House Inspector Peterson Air Force Base
- House Inspector Peterson Road
- Home Inspector Picturesque Cir
- Inspections Pikes Peak
- Home Inspections Pine Cliff
- Property Inspector Pine Creek
- Home-Inspection Pine Glen
- Home Inspection Services Pine Hurst
- Home Inspectors Pinecliff
- Home Inspection Pinion Valley
- Home-Inspection Pinon Glen
- Home Inspection Pinon Ranch
- House Inspector Pinon Valley
- Home Inspectors Pinons of TCR
- Inspections Pleasant Valley
- Home Inspections Pleasant View
- Inspectors Pony Creek Circle
- Home-Inspector Powers Point
- House Inspector Prospect
- Home Inspection Services Ptarmigan
- Inspectors Pulpit Rock
- Inspectors Quail Brush Creek
- Home-Inspector Quail Lake
- Inspectors Quebec St
- Home-Inspector Querida
- Home Inspection Services Radiant Place
- Home Inspector Raygor Road
- Property Inspector Red Rock Canyon
- Inspections Red Rock Valley Estates
- Inspections Reed Ranch
- Home Inspection Reindeer Circle
- Home Inspectors Ridge at Fox Run
- Inspections Ridgeview
- Inspections Rock Creek
- Home Inspections Rockrimmon
- Inspections Rolling View
- Property Inspector Rusty Hinge
- House Inspector S Circle Dr
- Home Inspectors Saddleback
- Home Inspection Sage Brush
- Inspections Sagebrook
- House Inspector Sand Creek
- House Inspection Sandcreek
- Home Inspection Services Sayres
- House Inspection Schriever
- Home Inspection Services Serenity Park
- Home-Inspector Settlers Ranch
- Home Inspection Services Shadow Valley
- House Inspector Shannon Glen
- Home-Inspector Sherwood
- Home Inspectors Sierra Ridge
- Home-Inspection Silo Ridge
- Inspectors Silver Hawk
- House Inspection Sioux Village
- House Inspector Skyway and Skyway Park
- Home Inspectors Skyway Park Estates
- House Inspector Smartt
- Property Inspector Soaring Eagles
- Home-Inspector South Downtown
- House Inspector Southbourough
- House Inspector Southface
- Home-Inspector Spires
- Home Inspectors Spring Creek
- House Inspection Spring Grove
- Home-Inspection Springlake Springrun
- Home Inspections Springs
- Home Inspection Services St Andrews
- Home-Inspection Stratmoor Heights
- Home-Inspector Stratmoor Valley
- House Inspection Stratton Preserve
- Home Inspections Struthers Ranch
- Inspectors Summer Grove
- Home Inspectors Summerhill
- House Inspection Summerset
- Home Inspection Sundown
- Home-Inspector Sunrise Heights
- Home Inspection Sunrise Ridge
- Property Inspector Sunset Creek
- Inspections Sunset Mesa
- Inspectors Sussex Lane
- Home Inspectors Swan Road
- Home-Inspector Table Rock Rd
- Home-Inspection Talon Hill
- Home Inspector Templeton Gap Addition
- Home Inspection Terminal Ave
- Home Inspection Services Terra Ridge
- Inspections Territory Trail
- Home Inspector The Glen
- Home Inspection Services The Heights at Templeton
- Home Inspections The Knolls at Sweetgrass
- Home Inspection The Mesa
- House Inspector The Montecito Apartments
- Inspections The Oasis on Fillmore
- Home Inspector The Pinnacle
- Home Inspector The Range
- Inspections The Ridge
- Home-Inspection The Vineyards
- Property Inspector Thorndale Park
- Inspections Thornhill
- Property Inspector Trail Ridge South
- House Inspector Turkey Canyon Ranch
- Home Inspectors Turret Drive
- Home Inspectors Twain Park
- Inspections UCCS
- Property Inspector Uintah Gardens
- House Inspector Uintah Manor
- Property Inspector University Oaks
- Home Inspections University Park
- Home Inspection University Village
- Home Inspections Upper Garlock
- Home Inspections Upper Skyway
- Home Inspector Valley Hi
- Home Inspection Services Vickers
- Home-Inspector Villa Loma
- Home Inspection Villa Mirage
- Inspections Villa Sierra
- Home Inspection Services Village 7
- Home-Inspection Village of Milan
- Home-Inspection Village Place
- Home Inspection Village Seven
- Home-Inspector Village VII
- Home Inspector Vista Grande
- Home Inspection Voyager Pkwy
- Home Inspectors Voyager Interquest
- Inspectors W Harrison St
- Home-Inspector Wagon Trails
- Inspections Walden
- Inspectors Wasson
- Home Inspection Wedgewood
- Home Inspection Services West Brookside
- Home-Inspection West Garden of The Gods
- Inspections Westmeadow
- Home Inspection Services Westridge
- Home-Inspector Westside
- Home Inspectors Widefield Colorado Center Cuchares Ranch
- Home Inspection Wildwood
- Home-Inspector Wilshire
- Inspections Wilson
- House Inspector Windjammer
- Home Inspectors Windmill Mesa
- Home Inspectors Winters Dr
- Property Inspector Wissler Ranch
- Inspectors Wolf Ranch
- Home-Inspection Woodmen and Academy
- Home-Inspection Woodmen and Vollmer
- House Inspector Woodmen Oaks
- Home Inspection Woodmen Valley
- Inspectors Woodmen Union
- Home Inspections Woodstone
- Property Inspector North Colorado Springs
- Home-Inspection South Colorado Springs
- House Inspection East Colorado Springs
- House Inspector West Colorado Springs
- Home Inspectors Central Colorado Springs
- Home Inspectors Downtown Colorado Springs
- Property Inspector Falcon
- Home-Inspection Cascade
- House Inspector Chipita Park
- House Inspector Ellicott
- Home-Inspector Yoder
- House Inspection Rush
- Home Inspection Peyton
- Inspections Calhan
- Home Inspectors Eastonville